Tuesday 20 March 2018

Let's Talk About Fashion

"Fashion is the most powerful art there is. It's movement, design and architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we'd like to be."
 - Blair Waldorf
As Blair Waldorf once said, fashion is the most powerful art there is. The way it can depict a person's personality and creativity excites me, making me want to talk about it. I created this blog to discuss anything and everything to do with fashion, so to begin with, here are some quick fashion facts about me.

Favourite Designer?
Unsurprisingly, Chanel's classic looks are a favourite of mine. Call me basic, but Chanel's LBD and Boy Bag will always be something on my wish list.

Favourite Models?
Elsa Hosk, Romee Strijd, Kaia Gerber, Gigi and Bella Hadid.

S/S or A/W Collections?
For me, autumn and winter fashion will always be a winner. The ability to layer means I always have a wider variety of outfit choices at this time of the year. In addition to this, I'm a hat fanatic, meaning hot summer weather leaves me feeing deprived of a beret or a baker boy cap.

One Trend You Hate?
The Kylie Jenner inspired 'Insta Baddie' trend - truly outrageous and needs to die... soon.

Favourite Magazine?
As stereotypic as it may be, Vogue will always be a favourite of mine. It's so classic and especially due to it's name, I feel it's perfect for getting expert advice. Other than this, I like to read Elle, Vanity Fair and Harper's Bazaar.

Favourite Fashion Week?
Paris Fashion Week could be my favourite because of the stunning backdrops to certain shows, but the array of designer who feature their collections also consist of some of my favourites, Chanel included.

Style Icon?
As the beginning quote may suggest, Gossip Girl's Blair Waldorf is an inspiration to me when it comes to style. Her timeless looks and preppy style inspire me every time I re-watch the show and have influenced the contents of my wardrobe heavily.


Cher Horowitz and her quintessential 90s look, in the classic chic-flick Clueless, have left me with a love of scrunchies and matching co-ord sets. Plaid is a pattern that's taken over my wardrobe and it's all thanks to Cher Horowitz.

       

Thank you so much for reading! Expect more fashion related posts in the near future. 

With Love,
Emilia.
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment